quinta-feira, 17 de março de 2011

McHistórias.............sempre












"I Wanna Tell You A Story"


EXCLUSIVE to mccannfiles.com

By Dr Martin Roberts
16 March 2011

"I WANNA TELL YOU A STORY"

As Max Bygraves would say.

According to the tabloid press, Kate McCann 'wants to give an account of the truth on Madeleine.'

Second only to common abuse of the apostrophe in English must come the inappropriate preposition. Supposing this 'account' to be even vaguely coherent, since we know that it is already complete (384 pages, according to the Daily Express) why, besides concerning itself with the truth 'on Madeleine,' rather thanabout her or of her disappearance, is it represented as a future desire, when it is already a fait accompli? 'I want to' (as in, 'I would like to') has the rather dubious tone of an as yet unfulfilled intention. Instead of 'In my book I give (or 'have given' even) a full (or truthful) account of events...' etc., etc. we have a futuristic intention to present a version of the truth.

To the casual observer, the McCanns' behaviour, as.................."





Enviar um comentário