sábado, 28 de agosto de 2010

As suspeitas da Equipa de Gonçalo Amaral.

Diligências houve que não foram feitas.Porque foram impedidos já que o Ministério Público arquivou  o caso. 
Gonçalo Amaral, integrou a equipa de investigadores da PJ que tentou apurar o que aconteceu à menina inglesa. 

To parents: you can do whatever you want with your children, no reason to be afraid to be punished.

Gonçalo de Sousa Amaral nasceu a 2 de Outubro de 1959 na aldeia de Torredeita, perto de Viseu. Cursou engenharia no ISEL e no IST. Em 1992/1997 cursou, no período nocturno, a Faculdade de Direito de Lisboa, tendo-se licenciado em Ciências Jurídicas e Criminais. Ingressou na Administração Pública em 1973, com 14 anos. Em Novembro de 1981 iniciou o curso de formação de agentes da Polícia Judiciária, tendo tomado posse em 1982 como Agente. Em 1997/1998 frequentou o curso de Subinspectores da PJ, sendo o primeiro classificado entre 100 alunos. Em 2000/2001 cumpriu o curso de Coordenadores da PJ. Exerceu funções em Lisboa, no Algarve e nos Açores. Durante anos perseguiu, com eficácia, com todo o tipo criminalidade violenta e organizada: furtos, roubos, homicídios, tráfico de estupefacientes. Teve uma carreira profissional impoluta, amplamente reconhecida por colegas e superiores hierárquicos, bem como por magistrados judiciais e do Ministério Público, por funcionários judiciais e advogados, com quem teve o prazer de lidar durante muitos anos. Tem como máxima que «a justiça se realiza em silêncio ». Foi Coordenador Operacional das investigações do “caso Maddie”, entre 3 de Maio e 2 de Outubro de 2007, tendo nessa ocasião sido afastado da investigação, num acto inédito na história da Polícia Judiciária. Aposentou-se em 1 Julho de 2008, ao fim de 27 anos de carreira policial, a fim de readquirir a plenitude da sua liberdade de expressão sobre o caso que investigou e de contribuir, na medida do possível, para a descoberta da verdade material e a realização da justiça. Considera-se um beirão por nascença, lisboeta por migração e algarvio por adopção. É casado em segundas núpcias e tem 3 filhas.

Constance Kent and the Road Hill House Murder

Jonathan Whicher was one of the original members of the Detective Branch which had been established at Scotland Yard in 1842. In 1860 he was called in to assist the investigation into the horrific murder of 4-year-old (Francis) Savile Kent. The child had been taken from the nursemaid's bedroom at night and was found, with his throat cut, in an outside privy in the garden of his family's house the next morning. The murder brought notoriety to the small village of Road (sometimes spelled Rode) in Wiltshire.
When the nursemaid, Elizabeth Gough, reported the child missing at 7:15am to Mrs Kent, a search commenced for the child, who was found dead in an outside privy with his throat cut and a stab wound to the chest. There was no sign of blood in the house, but the drawing room window had been found open despite the servants having closed it the night before.
The local magistrates soon became impatient for results from the local police Superintendent Foley's investigation, which was largely directed towards the nursemaid Elizabeth Gough who had had responsibility for the child. They asked the Home Office for assistance from Scotland Yard without the agreement of the local Chief Constable, and it was after a second request from them that Detective Inspector Jonathan Whicher, then the most senior and well known of the detectives at Scotland Yard, was sent.
Whicher concentrated on a missing night dress, possibly blood stained, belonging to Constance, and there was also circumstantial evidence against her. The magistrates directed Constance's arrest and gave Whicher seven days to prepare a case. Mr Kent provided a barrister for his daughter who dominated proceedings. Constance was released on bail and the case was later dropped. The reaction in the newspapers was sympathetic to Constance, Whicher was heavily criticised, notwithstanding the difficulties he had faced, and his reputation never recovered. The nightdress was never found and Whicher returned to London.
Five years later, in April 1865, after a period abroad and in a religious institution in Brighton, Constance attended Bow Street magistrates court and confessed to the murder. Her motive had apparently been to exact revenge against the second Mrs Kent for her treatment of Constance's mother. Constance was subsequently sentenced to death, but this was commuted to 20 years' penal servitude.
The confession from Constance came too late to save the career of Jonathan Whicher who had been pensioned before Constance's appearance at Bow Street confirmed his original suspicion. It is a classic illustration of how early investigations were directed heavily by magistrates, of the influence which well-to-do people could exert over local police officers, and of the importance of immediately searching and questioning the whole household at the scene of a crime, regardless of social status.

The Suspicions of Mr Whicher - the best-selling book by Kate Summerscale 

about an infamous murder in a Victorian country house – has been adapted for ITV by Hat Trick Productions.  

On the orders of the Home Secretary, Inspector Jonathan “Jack” Whicher, the so-called “Prince of Sleuths” from the newly formed Scotland Yard detective department, is despatched to the countryside to restore justice.  Whicher was the inspiration for the first fictional detectives created by Wilkie Collins and Dickens, but the case was to prove the most difficult of his career.


Mark says: “This a very modern story.  It gripped the country in the way that the case of Madeleine McCann has done in our day.  It became an obsession for the press and was even debated in the House of Commons.   Perhaps for the first time, the Rode Hill House murder exposed the darkness that lay behind the solid front door of the respectable English home.  As a story it is riveting but also deeply touching.”
To parents: you can do whatever you want with your children, no reason to be afraid to be punished.

The whole of the secret that Whicher guessed at did not emerge until many years after all of them had died.



The Road House Mystery was a murder that occurred in Wiltshire in 1860 in which four-year old Francis Savile Kent disappeared from his cot during the night and was found the next day in an outside privy - where his body had been thrown down the toilet but had caught on a splash board and so not disappeared into the cess pit beneath - with his throat cut and a stab wound to the heart. The case was investigated by detectives Jonathan Whicher and Adolphus Williamson of the Metropolitan Police. The police concluded that the murderer was the boy's sixteen-year old step-sister, Constance, but with insufficient evidence she was never convicted. She later confessed to the murder to a priest.


Jonathan 'Jack' Whicher was an English detective. He was born in 1814 at 
Camberwell, London and died in 1881. After working as a labourer he joined the Metropolitan Police in 1837. He rose to the rank of Detective Inspector and was renowned for his investigations. His failure to solve the 1860 'Road House Mystery', damaged his reputation, though it is very likely he knew the culprit and she later confessed, there was insufficient evidence to prosecute.

Enviar um comentário